The Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics Laboratory makes available some
kinds of data related to our research. Please note that these
services are offered as a courtesy to fellow researchers; we are
not equipped to become a general supplier of large quantities
of data to the general public. There are other organizations to serve
that role (NASA Goddard's own
GSFC DISC, for example).
Therefore, feel free to browse and retrieve small samples of data.
If you wish to transfer large quantities of data, please be
considerate of our machine and network resources, and schedule your
transfer between 8:00 PM and 5:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
Some of the links below
point outside this web site, and some point to sites not administered by our Laboratory.
These links are here because they are likely to be useful to our colleagues,
and because they all have to do with activities with which our Laboratory is closely affiliated.
Not all of the pages linked to by this site are polished or visually pleasing.
But that is not their point; with limited resources, their authors decided
to give working science communications a higher priority than fashionable
- Total Ozone and Air Quality Data ("Ozone-AQ")
- This is the Laboratory-maintained site for getting total column ozone
measurements, both current and historical.
- (Legacy) TOMS Total Ozone data
- This is the legacy site for total ozone data from the TOMS instrument.
This site will be shut down soon. Go to its replacement, the
"Ozone-AQ" site, instead.
- Aura Data Validation Center
- This is the place to go for data from the Aura satellite and its associated
earth-based validation data. Some of the data are available to the public,
but most are under a restricted distribution protocol for a limited period of
time. Those data require registration and signing a user agreement first
before access is granted.
- Ozone Hole Watch
- This site has imagery and animations of total column ozone going back decades.
- Global Sulfur Dioxide Monitoring
- This site provides images of satellite-measured (from
OMI) of SO2.
- Merged Total Ozone Data
- Monthly mean total ozone data that have been merged together from six satellite instruments
- Meteorological Plots
- These are various plots of meteorological interest, most of which
deal with the stratosphere. (Sorry, but there are no weather charts here.)
- Southern Hemisphere ADditional OZonesondes (SHADOZ)
- Weekly balloon-borne ozonesonde data (ozone, pressure, temperature and
RH parameters) from eleven tropical and sub-tropical stations since
- The Goddard Automailer
- Forms-based access to our e-mail autoresponder, which you can use
to get plots and certain model runs.
- Trajectory Analyses for the AERONET program
- Kinetic trajectory analyses using the Schoeberl trajectory model
applied by Anne Thompson's tropospheric group to
DAO gridded fields in support of the AERONET (AErosol RObotic NETwork)
- Tropospheric ozone obtained from the "cloud-slicing" technique
- Lidar group instruments and data resources
For colleagues with whom we are in collaboration, we have
other data services available.
We are beginning to maintain
lists of some of our data, to
aid users in finding what they want.
- df: A Proposed Data Format Standard (NASA Tech Memo 4467)
- This document describes the "df" format in which many of our data sets
are written. Or you can get the whole Guide as a PostScript file.
We also have a search page for this document.
- Account Application
- This outlines the procedure for applying for login access to our system.
Back to the Code 614 Colleagues home page